The First Choice Home Health and Hospice wound team is led and staffed by certified wound care nurses who understand the complexities of wound care. Our wound care team has a tremendous reputation of excellent wound treatment and a growing list satisfied patients whose wounds healed quickly and completely.
Below is a list of some of the services our wound care team can provide for patients with wounds:
- Specialized wound treatments based on the type of wound, its location and its size.
- Education for the patient and caregiver about the wound, signs and symptoms of complications, and how to perform wound care in the home.
- Nutritional counseling from our dietitian and/or nurses on the types of foods, supplements and diet that can assist with wound healing.
- Monitoring and measuring a patient's wound in order to track and document how well the wound is healing and to be able to show the patient’s physician how the wound is progressing.
- Coordination with the patient’s physician and wound clinics for treatment options for wounds that are more difficult to heal.