Medical Social Work Services
Our home health medical social workers assist patients and family members with a miriad of issues including cultural, medical, social, financial, and psychological needs. They are an invaluable support for patients as they begin home health services and provide them with various options and resources that reduce the difficulties inherent in adjusting to all kinds of temporary medical conditions. Medical social workers are trained to provide emotional support and comfort for individuals enduring anxiety and stress precipitated by hospitalization, injury, or illness.
First Choice Medical Social Work Services:
- Assesses and assists with social and emotional issues that impede patient recovery.
- Provides counseling for long-range planning and decision making including end-of-life decisions, alternative living arrangements, long-term care, or advance directives.
- Connects patients and families with community resources to alleviate unmet needs, including acquisition of adequate food and housing, VA services, financial assistance, and appropriate state or insurance provisions.
- Helps the family and patient improve coping skills in light of physical or medical issues.
- Assists the patient in accessing an adequate support system.
- Offers emotional support and crisis intervention for patients and family members.